We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads.
Natural disasters ShareWordPress Shortcode 4 Mar 2015 - Natural disaster is a major adverse event resulting from natural processes which could be related to weather, geology, biology or even factors outside the Earth. For examples: Floods Volcanic Eruptions Earthquakes Tsunamis Landslide and for other Geological Processes. These are natural .
Are you sure you want to YesNo Your message goes here 1 month ago Reply Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here 3 months ago Reply Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here 1. Disasters Disasters are hazards that cause destruction or environmental changes. The types are Natural disasters Man made disasters 3.
Natural Disasters A natural disaster is the effect of anatural hazard (e. , flood, tornado, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, or landslide) 4. Cyclones• A cyclone is an area of closed, circular fluid motion. It has low pressure on the inside and high pressure on the outside.
• The center of the storm is called the eye and it has the calmest water and the lowest pressure 6.
Cyclones• Cyclones turn counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere Power point presentation on Natural disaster. B/Newburg students and Zargona Ana girls high school afganistan shared natural disaster and power point presentation. Log in or register to post comments. dwyane replied on Fri, 26/08/2016 - 05:12 Permalink .
This is because it follows the rotational movemeent of the earth. • The biggest cyclone recorded is the Bhola cyclone.
It hit the coast of todays Bangladesh in 1970 with a death toll of around 500,000. Earthquakes• It is the result of a sudden release of energy from the earth’s crust that creates seismic waves. The Valdivia earthquake also known as the great Chilean earthquake is the biggest earthquake ever recorded. It hit Chile on May 22, 1960 with a magnitude of 9.
Natural disasters by kaza2cov - teaching resources - tes
• Tornado conditions are caused when different temperatures and humidity meet to form thunder clouds• “Twisters” can attain speeds up to 100 miles an hour 10 More than 280,000 people killed by natural disasters in 2004, almost 100,000 in 2005; 2005 Pakistan earthquake: 88,000 people killed. 3.3 million left homeless; 2nd wave of deaths from winter Side Note: Interest Paid on Money: An Example of Exponential Growth. Visualize exponential growth in terms of doubling time..
Tornados• The biggest tornado recorded was the Hallam, Nebraska tornado on May 22, 2004.
• The deadliest tornado recorded occurred in Daultipur and Salturia, Bangladesh on April 26th, 1989. Volcanic Eruption• A volcano is an opening in a planet’s surface which allows hot magma to escape from below the surface.
• Study of volcano’s is called Volcanology and volcanic eruptions are measured using Volcanic Explosivity Index 12. Volcanic Eruption• The biggest volcanic eruption was Mount Tambora on April 10, 1815, it heard over 2000 km away and had a death toll of around 71,000.
Due to the explosion 1816 became known as “The Year Without Summer”.
Olympus Mons means Mount Olympus and is bigger than Mount Everest. Tsunami’s• Tsunami means harbor wave and is caused by the displacement of a large body of water normally an ocean or a large lake. Tsunami’s• The biggest tsunami ever happened at Lituya Bay, Alaska on July 9, 1958. • The tsunami caused by 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, is the 6th deadliest Natural disaster in recorded history with a death toll of 230,210 – 280,000. Floods• Floods are caused when water overflows from a water body. • One of the biggest floods in the world is probably the Yellow river in China 1887 which killed between around 900,000.
Powerpoint presentation on natural disasters | schoolsonline
• Other names for a wildfire are brush fire, bushfire, forest fire, desert fire, grass fire, hill fire, peat fire, vegetation fire, and veldfire Rubric for Oral Presentation about Natural Disasters. Academic essay presentation rubric Compare two types of scoring rubrics Evaluate sample essays using a scoring. “Your Rubric- NATURAL DISASTERS: Wildfire Vocabulary PowerPoint Presentation This product features 24 academic terms and concepts related .
• One of the largest wildfire is the 1910 wildfire 17.
Droughts• A drought is a long period of time in which a certain region receives a shortage of water• Lasting three years from 1958 to 1961, the Great Chinese Famine is the worst on record, 15 to 43 million were killed as a result• USA has been hit by a huge drought in 2012 decreasing corn income by 12% 18. Avalanches• An avalanche is a sudden and drastic drop of snow• The biggest avalanche happened on Mt.
Landslides• A landslide or a landslip is a movement in the ground and a shallow flow of debris.
• The largest landslide in history happened because of Mount St. Unusual Natural Disasters• Firenadoes• Limnic Eruptions 21.
Natural disasters - slideshare
• Firenadoes are also known as firewhirls, fire devils and fire tornadoes 22 The Winter Olympics: PyeongChang 2018 - Lesson / Assembly Presentation. This resource contains a fully editable, 90-slide PowerPoint presentation on the Winter Olympics and the 2018 Olympic Winter Games at PyeongChang, Krazikas. (0). $4.17 .
Limnic Eruptions• A limnic explosion is also called a lake overturn and is caused by an explosion of gas from the lake (normally carbon dioxide) erupting and suffocating people.
They are Lake Menoun, Lake Nyos and Lake Kivu 23.
Limnic Eruptions• The biggest eruption ever recorded is Lake Nyos killing 1800 people and many animals. • The biggest danger is Lake Kivu which would cause a methane explosion and kill around 2 million.
• Interestingly all these lakes are in Africa and both Menoun and Nyos are in Cameroon. Man made disasters An man made disaster is a threathaving an element of human intent, negligence, or error, or involving a failure 25. List of few man made disasters • The nuclear bombing • Terrorism • Oil spill 26.
The atomic bombing• The first two atomic bomb were used by the USA to end the war against Japan in 1945.
Powerpoint presentation natural disasters, 5/e
• The second was named The fat man and wad dropped by a plane called Bockscar on Nagasaki with a death toll of around 80,000 on 9 August 1945.
• If Japan did not surrender the USA planned too continue dropping atomic bombs until they did This site contains PowerPoint Presentations on How Natural Disasters Impact the Environment, Earth's Movement, How Climate is Affected by Mountains and the Ocean. Natural Disasters unit of work - science focus - also incorporates ELA and can incorporate SS with historical examples. This activity challenges students .
Terrorism• 9/11 is the big act of terrorism on US• On September 11th, 2001, 4 flights were hi- jacked 2 of them hit the twin towers in New York and third flight hit pentagon, in Washington DC killing• 4th flight, passengers attacked the hi-jackers and crashed the flight down.
• 4th flight was believed to have a target of White house or the Capitol. Deepwater Horizon oil spill• The oil spill flowed for 3 months without being stopped. • About 780,000m3 oil is estimated to have flowed out• 17 people were killed in the explosion that released the oil.
You don't have permission to access /essay/log_pages/put2.phpon this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbiddenerror was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.